HOW TO: Set Up Your Google Analytics Account
Better understand your website efficacy and customers with Google Analytics.
June 6, 2019
Google Analytics is a completely free website analytics platform that allows businesses to get to know their customers better through the collection of website data. Google Analytics is an incredibly powerful tool that offers business owners a virtually unlimited trove of valuable information. Google Analytics can can measure which online campaigns or channels bring in the most traffic, where the majority of your visitors are located, what pages people visit the most often, and much more. So how do you connect your Google Analytics account with your website? It starts with setting up a Tracking ID.
Follow the instructions below to get your Tracking ID:
- Log into your Gmail account. If you don’t have a Gmail account, you will need to create a free account first.
- Once you are logged in, go to https://analytics.google.com and click “Sign Up”
- Fill out the required fields. Keep in mind that each account may contain more than one website. For this reason, you will need to make sure “Website Name” is unique to the website itself. See example below.
- Now click “Get Tracking ID”
- The following page is the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement. You must check both boxes and click “I accept.”
- You will then be directed to your Tracking ID, which should be in the form of UA-123456789-0
After you get your Tracking ID, send it to your web developer who can add Google Analytics into the back-end of your website. Once added, your account will immediately begin gathering data!